Become a Host Employer
The Boating Cadetship is a 12 month program targeted at school leavers with the aim of helping new talent gain access to employment and training in the industry, increasing awareness of career paths and opportunities available, and to gain real-life work experience and a recognised qualification.
BIA has collaborated with a Group Training Organisation YC Industry Link to look after the recruitment and paperwork, while you concentrate on providing on-job training in a variety of tasks within your business.
BIA and YC Industry Link will:
• Source and pre-screen all applicants
• Administer payroll, superannuation, workers comp, PPE provision, TAFE enrolment, sick leave, etc
• Provide Marine Card and Apply First Aid training
• Help the cadet to obtain their boat licence
• Handle all grievances and complaints
• Conduct regular monitoring and assessment of the cadet
After 6 months, cadets will be rotated amongst hosts to provide a wider range of experience, skills, and knowledge.
At the end of the program, you have the opportunity to select a cadet to continue their employment. BIA and YC Industry Link are able assist in this process if required.
To become a host employer, you must be a member of BIA NSW and be able to offer a position based in NSW. You will be expected to provide on-job training and support to the cadet.
Click here to register your interest in becoming a host employer.
For further information email email@example.com or call 9438 2077.